The Skaarhoj ATEM Proxy Switcher offers a way to expand the number of connected clients to an ATEM switcher. This becomes a concern if you connect multiple SKAARHOJ controllers like an array of RCPs or just a number of discrete controllers for various focused control tasks.
Skaarhoj is dedicated to making operation of broadcast hardware easier for people making live video and the Rack Fusion 1 is a great example of this dream in action. Furthermore, is a piece of hardware that will grow with you as your needs expand, regardless of whether they do so tomorrow or in two years.
ATEM Proxy Hardware Setup
The Skaarhoj ATEM Proxy Switcher is configured by changing files found on the “boot” partition of the memory card inserted in the back. Four files are relevant:
- The “ATEMBridge2.exe” file is the ATEM Proxy software itself.
- “BMDSwitcherAPI.dll” is the DLL file from Blackmagics SDK.
- “interfaces” is the file where you set up the IP address (and more) for the ATEM Proxy – this is the IP address your SKAARHOJ controllers should connect to
- “ATEMIP.txt” is a simple text file containing the IP address of the ATEM Switcher that the ATEM Proxy hardware will try to connect to.
When you upgrade the firmware on your ATEM switcher you may need to update your ATEM Proxy software as well. You may either need to use the latest ATEMBridge2.exe and BMDSwitcherAPI.dll file or you may need to substitute with the newest BMDSwitcherAPI.dll file only.
Skaarhoj ATEM Proxy Switcher Features
- The ATEM Proxy Hardware. Just connect the Ethernet cable and a USB Micro Cable for power (5V). On the left side there is a slot for a Micro SD card containing the ATEMBridge2.exe application and configuration files. The internal hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3.