Caught in between HD and 4K, Panasonic HC-X1000PP 4k Camcorder can help ease your transition, or allow you to jump right into 4K. The camera shoots and records cinema 4K at a true 24p, and UHD at broadcast compatible frame rates, so it fits smoothly into your existing broadcast workflow. The Panasonic HC-X1000PP 4k Camcorder features a 1/2.3″ MOS sensor that is always shooting at 4K resolution, and uses its two built-in Venus processing engines to scale the 4K image for Full HD delivery. System frequencies are switchable between NTSC and PAL.
The built-in 20x Leica Dicomar lens features four lens groups, and electronically linked geared iris rings for manual control. The camera supports two optical image stabilization modes, one for 4K, and a different mode when shooting in HD, Two viewfinders provide you a choice when operating the camera with either a traditional tilt up color EVF, or a pull out LCD high resolution touch screen. The LCD touchscreen is positioned above the lens for a more natural viewing experience when shooting handheld.
The Panasonic HC-X1000PP 4k Camcorder records in: .mp4, .mov, or AVCHD codecs, and features dual SD media card slots. Please note that Panasonic recommends using SDXC cards rated as UHS-1 U3 for recording at the highest bit rates. The camera incorporates two SD card slots, allowing you to use relay recording, simultaneous recording and when recording HD you can use Panasonic’s background recording mode.
- In 4K recording mode the camera utilizes Power O.I.S., checking and compensating for handshake up to four thousand times a second. In HD mode the camera employs 5-axis hybrid O.I.S. compensating for side-to-side, up-down, forward-back handheld shake.
- The Panasonic HC-X1000PP 4k Camcorder features electronically linked zoom, focus, and iris rings on the lens. The rings are textured for better tactile feel, and the movement and control of the rings simulate the feel of mechanically linked lenses.
- The camera features built-in selectable physical filters, a clear, 1/4, 1/16, and 1/64th ND for exposure control when shooting outdoors.
- The camera records in either MP4, MOV or AVCHD Progressive. It will only record in 4K/UHD using the mp4 codec, however, all codecs support recording in full HD. MP4 & MOV recording support a 200 Mb/s all intra frame codec, which requires less computing power to playback.
- A built-in IR emitter and IR recording mode allow you to shoot at 4K, and HD, in complete darkness without any visible light, although your images will have that familiar greenish IR look to them.
- An illuminated ring lets your subject know when you are recording by changing from blue to red. Although this is pleasant in appearance, this feature can be disabled in the camera’s menu.
Panasonic HC-X1000PP 4k Camcorder Assist Functions:
- Histogram: Displays the image as a brightness graph.
- Zebra: indicates areas of overexposure by overlaying a striped pattern on the overexposed portion of the image.
- The built-in electronic color bars allow you to calibrate your monitors, and can be recorded for playback.
- You can activate a level indicator overlay, which can be useful to check the camera is level when shooting handheld or with a stabilizer.
- Intelligent Auto: Two modes, iA and iA Plus allow the camera to select the appropriate scene mode for the scene you are shooting. In iA Plus mode you can adjust the brightness and color, while allowing the camera to control the other settings.
- Manual adjustments are via dials set into the side of the camera so you can adjust the levels during the shot without having to pull up a menu function. The dials are inset, making it less likely to accidentally change the settings.
- Control and monitor the Panasonic HC-X1000PP 4k Camcorder in real time from a distance by using the Panasonic Image App on a smartphone or tablet device. With the camera’s NFC capabilities you can easily connect to your NFC enabled smartphone or tablet. If your smartphone or tablet is not NFC enabled, you can use QR codes to make the connection.
- The 4K images that are taken by the Panasonic HC-X1000PP 4k Camcorder are compatible with a wide variety of nonlinear editing software, such as Apple Final Cut Pro X, that are available separately. Plus, the included HD-Writer XE2.0 software also supports the 4K video files for editing and files management, and is available for download.
- The camera incorporates a built in microphone, and two 3-pin XLR audio inputs for line or mic level input.
- Sensor 1x 18.47 Megapixel 1/2.3″ MOS Sensor
- Pixel Gross 18,470,000
- Effective Pixels 85 Video
- 29 @ Video 16:9
- Focal Length 08 – 81.6 mm
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length 5 – 600 @ Aspect Ratio: 17:9
- 8 – 626 @ Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Maximum Aperture f/ 1.8 – f/ 3.6
- Zoom Optical: 20x
- Intelligent: 40x (in HD)
- Digital: 2x, 5x, 10x
- Filter Size 49 mm
- Built-In ND Filters Clear, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64
- System NTSC/PAL
- Recording Media: SDHC/SDXC
- Video Format: System frequencies are switchable between NTSC and PAL. Playback is not possible on TVs and other devices with a standard that differs from the system frequency setting of this unit. If you record an AVCHD scene on an SD card, it cannot be used with a different system frequency. Use another SD card when you change the system frequency.
- MP4: C4K 24p 100M: 4096 x 2160, Average 100 Mbps (VBR), LPCM // 4K 59.94p/50p 150M: 3840 x 2160, Average 150 Mbps (VBR), LPCM // 4K 29.97p/25p 100M: 3840 x 2160, Average 100 Mbps (VBR), LPCM or AAC // 4K 23.98p 100M: 3840 x 2160, Average 100 Mbps (VBR), LPCM // FHD 59.94p/50p 200M (ALL-Intra): 1920 x 1080, Average 200 Mbps (VBR), LPCM // FHD 59.94p/50p 100M: 1920 x 1080, Average 100 Mbps (VBR), LPCM // FHD 59.94p/50p 50M: 1920 x 1080, Average 50 Mbps (VBR), LPCM or AAC // FHD 29.97p/25p 200M (ALL-Intra): 1920 x 1080, Average 200 Mbps (VBR), LPCM // FHD 29.97p/25p 50M: 1920 x 1080, Average 50 Mbps (VBR), LPCM // FHD 23.98p 200M (ALL-Intra): 1920 x 1080, Average 200 Mbps (VBR), LPCM // FHD 23.98p 50M: 1920 x 1080, Average 50 Mbps (VBR), LPCM.
- MOV: FHD 59.94p/50p 200M (ALL-Intra): 1920 x 1080, Average 200 Mbps (VBR), LPCM // FHD 59.94p/50p 100M: 1920 x 1080, Average 100 Mbps (VBR), LPCM // FHD 59.94p/50p 50M: 1920 x 1080, Average 50 Mbps (VBR), LPCM // FHD 29.97p/25p 200M (ALL-Intra): 1920 x 1080, Average 200 Mbps (VBR), LPCM // FHD 29.97p/25p 50M: 1920 x 1080, Average 50 Mbps (VBR), LPCM // FHD 23.98p 200M (ALL-Intra): 1920 x 1080, Average 200 Mbps (VBR), LPCM // FHD 23.98p 50M: 1920 x 1080, Average 50 Mbps (VBR), LPCM.
- AVCHD: PS 1080 59.94p/50p: 1920 x 1080, Average 28 Mbps (VBR) // PH 1080 59.94i/50i: 1920 x 1080, Average 24 Mbps (VBR) // HA 1080 59.94i/50i: 1920 x 1080, Average 17 Mbps (VBR) // HE 1080 59.94i/50i: 1440 x 1080, Average 5 Mbps (VBR) // PM 720 59.94p/50p: 1280 x 720, Average 8 Mbps (VBR).
Still Image Resolution:
- JPEG: 8.8 Megapixel, 4096 x 2160 (17:9) // JPEG: 8.3 Megapixel, 3840 x 2160 (16:9) // JPEG: 2.1 Megapixel, 1920 x 1080 (16:9).
- Dolby Digital 2-ch
- Type 5″ (8.9 cm) Touchscreen LCD, 1,152,000 pixel count, 270° rotation.
- 45″ (1.1 cm) Viewfinder, 1,226,880 pixel count.
- Shutter Speed Not Specified By Manufacturer
- Image Stabilization Optical
- Lux 1400
- 4 (Super Gain 30 dB, Shutter 1/30)
- White Balance Modes: 3000K // 5500K // Auto // Manual
- Built-in Mic: Yes
- Built-in Speaker: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes, 802.11b/g/n
- Accessory Shoe 1x Cold Shoe
- Tripod Mount 1/4″ – 20
- Inputs 2x XLR microphone
- 1x 1/8″ (3.5 mm) Stereo Mini camera remote
- 1x LANC Terminal 2.5 mm super mini jack camera remote
- Outputs: 1x A/V // 1x HDMI A (Full Size) // 1x USB 3.0 Type A (Host) // 1x USB Micro-B USB 3.0.
- Microphone Input: Yes
- Headphone Jack: Yes
- Battery Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC
- Charging Method AC Adapter
- Power Consumption In LCD Operation: 15.4 W
- In Viewfinder Operation: 14.3 W
- Dimensions 3 x 6.7 x 12.4″ (16 x 17 x 31.5 cm)
- Weight 41 lb (1.5 kg) (without battery or SD card)
- Package Weight: 8.0 lb
- Box Dimensions (LxWxH): 16.4 x 11.0 x 9.7″