Glidecam HD-4000 Hand-held Stabilizer
The Glidecam HD-4000 Hand-held Stabilizer is a lightweight, hand-held camcorder stabilizing system. This system is upgraded from the 4000 Pro and offers fine adjustments and an improved gimbal and balance system.
Camera stabilization systems like this one work to provide camera stability during movement for dynamic and subjective camera shots. It utilizes a balancing system that dampens the user’s body movement, providing a smooth, floating moving image appearance usually achieved with more expensive equipment.
The amazingly advanced and totally re-engineered Glidecam HD-4000 from Glidecam Industries represents the top of the line in hand-held Camera Stabilization.
The lightweight and state-of-the-art Glidecam HD-4000 will transform your hard to watch, shaky camera footage into hypnotically smooth, professional footage.
The Glidecam HD-4000 offers advanced features and a degree of sophistication never before seen in a line of Hand-held Camera Stabilizers.
With the Glidecam HD-4000 Hand-held Stabilizer your camcorder seems to float, always balanced, isolated from your hands undesirable motions. Now you are free to move with your camera – panning, tilting, booming or running without any camera instability or shake.
The Glidecam HD-4000 works so well that it allows you to shoot incredibly smooth and graceful shots even while going to extremes like running up and down stairs or traveling over rugged terrain. And when it comes to normal shooting, like walking or moving the camera slowly around someone, the results are equally magical.
Each HD-4000 Stabilizer’s offset, foam cushioned, Handle Grip is attached to a free floating, three axis Gimbal. This allows your hand to move up and down, and side-to-side, thereby isolating your hand’s unwanted motions from the camera. This up and down movement alleviates the bouncing, pogo type action often associated with our competitor’s system because their handle cannot move up and down. This design feature, coupled with the overall higher inertia of the Glidecam HD-4000 Hand-held Stabilizer, produces superior stabilization when compared with our competition.
A unique and proprietary, precision, three-axis Gimbal incorporates several adjustable, axis convergence controls. This allows all three axes to intersect for proper operational alignment.
A camera-mounting platform with a quick-release, no-tools, drop-on camera plate allows you to quickly attach or remove your camera. Ergonomic, control knobs allow quick, precise adjustment of the top stage’s back and forth, and side-to-side movement. These controls allow you to adjust the camera’s horizontal balance.
By varying the amount of Counter Weights on the Base Platform, or by changing the length of the no-tools telescoping Central Post, you adjust the camera’s vertical balance. When balanced properly the camera floats, ready for you to move into action.
The Glidecam HD-4000 Hand-held Stabilizer offer unparalleled controllability and ease of use with their unique rigid, yet dynamically adjustable, control and weight distribution surfaces. Setting up, controlling and adjusting system balance is now quick and precise.
A unique and proprietary Dynamic Base Platform can expand or contract. This allows you to easily adjust the systems dynamic balance or to increase or decrease the systems rotational pan inertia.
Shot after shot, move after move, the HD-4000 Stabilizers deliver beautifully smooth and professional results. With the Glidecam HD-4000 Hand-held Stabilizer you no longer need a tripod or a dolly. All you need is your Imagination!
- The Glidecam HD-4000 can also be used with still cameras that shoot video.
- Fine adjustment Dynamic Camera Balance Platform (Camera Mounting Platform)
- Integrated quick-release Camera Plate
- Adjustable convergence, precision, three-axis Gimbal
- No-tools Telescoping Center Post
- Adjustable dynamic balance and inertial-control Base Platform
- Foam padded Handle Grip
- Precision Bearings at all vital points
- Made with precision Aluminum
- Anodized Studio Black
- Laser etched Labeling
- Allows unrestricted Booming and 360 degree Panning
- Rubber feet under Base Platform
- Made in USA.
Glidecam HD-4000 Hand-held Stabilizer Specifications
- Designed for compact and full size cameras weighing from 4 to 10 pounds.
- X,Y Head Dimensions: 8.75″ x 5″ x 1”
- Base Platform Dimensions: shortest—13.75” x 4.75” Longest—18.25” x 4.75”
- Central Support Post: 1″ diameter
- 20″ tall in shortest mode
- 28″ tall in longest mode
- Weight: 3.3 pounds without Counter Weight Plates.
- Each Custom Counter Weight Plate averages .272 pounds.
- The Glidecam HD-4000 includes 12 custom Counter Weight Plates.
- 12 Counter Weight Plates = 3.264 pounds
- Camera Mounting Plate has 1/4″ & 3/8” mounting holes
- Base Platform has 1/4″ mounting hole for optional LCD Monitor attachment.
- Made in USA.