The Blackmagic Design UltraStudio 4K Extreme is an advanced rack mount Thunderbolt and PCI Express capture and playback for SD, HD, Ultra HD up to 60p and DCI 4K, including 4:4:4 and dual channel 3D stereoscopic support. Features 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 so you can work with the latest high frame rate Ultra HD and 4K formats, along with analog video connections, timecode, analog XLR and AES/EBU audio, plus a built in hardware H.265 encoder.
The device pairs with third-party software, including editing software, media server software, and even graphics editing software, notably Photoshop. It is compatible with Windows and OS X computers with Thunderbolt connectivity. There is also a PCIe host connector for using a PCIe host card (available separately).
Two fiber cages are included allowing you to connect separately available fiber optic interfaces. The same SDI signals are supported through fiber optic as through the SDI BNC connectors. The Blackmagic Design UltraStudio 4K Extreme features a 2RU rackmountable form factor with the primary connectivity on the back panel. For local monitoring at the device, there is an LCD preview screen and basic controls on the front panel.
- 12G-SDI and 6G-SDI Inputs and Outputs
- HDMI 2.0 Input and Output
- XLR and RCA Analog Audio Input
- AES/EBU Audio In and Out
- Support Dual Channel 3D Over SDI
- Cages for Fiber Optic Connectors
- Up/Down/Cross Conversion
- Thunderbolt Interface with Loop-Through
- Supports Optional PCIe Host
- 2RU Form Factor with Front-Panel Display
Blackmagic Design UltraStudio 4K Extreme Specifications
- SDI-Video Inputs/Outputs: 2 x 12Gb/s and 2 x 6Gb/s SD/HD/2K/4K. Supports single/dual/quad link 4:2:2/4:4:4. 2D/3D switchable.
- SDI-Video-Loop: 4 x reclocked SD/HD/2K/4K linked to corresponding inputs.
- SDI-Video Repeated Outputs: 2 x 12Gb/s and 2 x 6Gb/s SD/HD/2K/4K. Supports single/dual/quad link 4:2:2/4:4:4. 2D/3D switchable.
- Analog-Video Inputs/Outputs: 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNCs, 1 x composite NTSC/PAL on 1 BNC.
- Analog-Audio Inputs: 4 Channels of professional balanced analog audio via XLR connectors and 2 channels of consumer unbalanced via RCA connectors.
- Analog-Audio Outputs: 4 Channels of professional balanced analog audio via XLR connectors.
- Optical Fiber Input/Output(Optional): 2 x 12Gb/s Optical Fiber.
- AES/EBU Audio Inputs: 2 Channels unbalanced with sample rate converter on BNC connector.
- AES/EBU Audio Outputs: 2 Channels unbalanced on BNC connector.
- SDI-Audio Inputs/Outputs: 16 Channels embedded in SD/HD/2K/4K.
- HDMI Video Inputs/Outputs: HDMI 2.0 type A connector with support for 2160p60.
- HDMI Audio Inputs/Outputs: 8 Channels embedded in SD/HD/4K.
- Mic Input: 1 x 48V microphone input via XLR connector. Phantom Power switchable via software control.
- Timecode Input/Output: 1 x XLR Input/Output.
- Sync Input: 1 x Reference input. Tri-Sync or Black Burst.
- Sync Output: 1 x Reference Loop Output. Tri-Sync or Black Burst.
- Device Control: 2 x Sony™ compatible RS-422 deck control ports. Serial ports TxRx direction reversible under software control.
- Computer Interface: Thunderbolt 2 (Mac OS and Windows only), PCI Express 4 lane generation 2.
- Power: 2 x built-in international AC power supply with IEC C14 inlet. 120-240V, 50-60Hz