The Blackmagic Design UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3 is the world’s most advanced capture and playback solution for PCIe and Thunderbolt computers. It features incredibly fast 40Gb/s Thunderbolt 3, advanced 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 connections for working at up to 60 frames per second with deep color, 12-bit RGB, support for HDR workflows via HDMI 2.0a and extremely large 4K frame sizes, even in 3D.
Featuring the widest range of analog and digital connections, UltraStudio 4K Extreme is compatible with virtually any camera, deck, router or display. There’s even an extremely powerful hardware encoder built-in that supports realtime H.265 encoding. UltraStudio has a 2 RU rackmountable form factor with the primary connectivity on the back panel. For local monitoring, it offers an LCD preview screen and basic controls on the front panel.
For even higher performance, the Blackmagic Design UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3 model has all the same powerful features of UltraStudio 4K Extreme, but also features the latest high speed Thunderbolt 3 connection for transfer speeds of up to 40 Gb/s over a single cable
UltraStudio 4K’s elegant front panel has an integrated color LCD and fast to use video and audio input buttons, all with built in video and audio connections using standard BNC, HDMI and XLR connectors. With a a wide range of connections, it’s perfect to take on the road.
- 40 Gbps Thunderbolt 3 & PCIe I/O
- Advanced 4K 60p RGB/Stereoscopic Ingest
- 12G-SDI, HDMI 2.0, Analog Connections
- 4-Ch XLR and 2-Ch AES/EBU Audio
- Reference, Timecode, RS-422 Ports
- 4:4:4 Sampling
- Real-Time H.265 Encoding
- LCD Preview Screen
- Wide Mac/Windows Software Compatibility
- 2 RU Form Factor; Dual Built-In PSUs
Blackmagic Design UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3 Specifications
- SDI-Video Input: 2 x 12Gb/s and 2 x 6Gb/s SD/HD/2K/4K. Supports single/dual/quad link 4:2:2/4:4:4. 2D/3D switchable.
- SDI-Video Loop: 4 x reclocked SD/HD/2K/4K linked to corresponding inputs.
- SDI-Video Output/Output: 2 x 12Gb/s and 2 x 6Gb/s SD/HD/2K/4K. Supports single/dual/quad link 4:2:2/4:4:4. 2D/3D switchable.
- Optical Fiber Input/Output: 2 x 12Gb/s Optical Fiber (Optional).
- HDMI Video Input/Output: HDMI 2.0 type A connector with support for 2160p60.
- Analog Video Input/Output: 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNCs, 1 x composite NTSC/PAL on 1 BNC
- SDI-Audio Input/Output: 16 Channels embedded in SD/HD/2K/4K.
- HDMI Audio Input/Output: 8 Channels embedded in SD/HD/4K.
- Analog Audio Input: 4 Channels of professional balanced analog audio via XLR connectors and 2 channels of consumer unbalanced via RCA connectors.
- Analog Audio Output: 4 Channels of professional balanced analog audio via XLR connectors.
- AES/EBU Audio Input: 2 Channels unbalanced with sample rate converter on BNC connector.
- AES/EBU Audio Output: 2 Channels unbalanced on BNC connector.
- Mic Input: 1 x 48V microphone input via XLR connector. Phantom Power switchable via software control.
- Timecode Input/Output: 1 x XLR Input./Output
- Colorspace Conversion: Hardware based real time
- Sync Input: 1 x Reference input. Blackburst in SD or Tri-Sync in HD.
- Sync Output: 1 x Reference Loop Output. Blackburst in SD or Tri-Sync in HD.
- Power: 2 x built-in international AC power supply with IEC C14 inlet. 120-240V, 50-60Hz.
- Power Requirements: 2 x built-in international AC power supply with IEC C14 inlet. 120-240V, 50-60Hz.
- Dimensions: 19 x 3.46 x 9.52″ (48.26 x 8.79 x 24.18cm)
- Weight: 8.60 lbs (3.90kg)