The inputs are auto-sensing/selecting so you don’t have to worry about matching the input format; the monitor will display any supported format that you feed it. You can choose to select to display either the input video or one of six scope displays, while the input video passes through the monitor to downstreamed devices.
You use the USB connector to initialize the monitor on your network; after that you can control the monitors using the supplied software via the Ethernet connector. This allows you to adjust the monitors’ brightness and color as well as select the monitors display mode – video or scope view.
The SmartScope Duo 4K also incorporates a Tally display around the border of the image, which works with industry standard Tally systems. The unit takes up three rack height units, but is less than two inches deep (including the connector depth), which makes it well suited for use in production trucks where space is at a premium.
The unit also automatically flips the image if you need to install the unit upside down. The Blackmagic Design SmartScope Duo 4K Intelligent SDI Monitors looks like a SmartView Duo but adds independent waveform monitoring so you can select between waveform, vectorscope, RGB parade, YUV parade, histogram and audio phase level displays. Each monitor is independent so can display any combination of scope or picture view.
- Supports SD/HD/3G/6G-SDI
- Auto Format Sensing & Selection
- 1 x Loop-Through SDI I/O per Monitor
- Select Video, Waveform, Vectorscope
- RGB Parade, YUV Parade, Histogram
- Audio Phase & Levels
- Software Control via Ethernet
- Industry Compatible Tally System
- 3 Rack Unit Size for Mounting
- Auto Orientation Sensing & Image Flip
Blackmagic Design SmartScope Duo 4K Intelligent SDI Monitors Specifications
- SDI-Video Input: Automatically switches between SD, HD and 6G-SDI. Reclocked loop through output.
- SDI -Output: 1 x 10 bit loop through SD, HD and 6G-SDI switchable.
- SDI-Audio Input/Output: 16 channels embedded in SD, HD and UHD.
- Multi Rate Support: Standard definition SDI, high definition SDI and 6G-SDI.
- Tally: 9-pin D connector
- Power Supply: 12V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries.
- Scopes: Luminance Waveform, Vectorscope, RGB Parade, YUV Parade, Histogram, Audio phase and level.
- Power Consumption: < 20 Watts
- Operational Voltage Range: 12V – 15V