Orban Processors OPTIMOD-FM/HD 8600
Orban Processors OPTIMOD-FM/HD 8600 featuring versatile five-band and two-band processing for both analog FM transmission and digital media, the 8600 provides the industry’s most consistent sound, track-to-track and source-to-source. This consistency allows you to create a sonic signature for your station with the assurance that your signature will stay locked in, uniquely branding your sound.
Dramatically improved peak limiter technology decreases distortion while increasing transient punch and high frequency power handling capacity. Compared to the FM-channel peak limiter in the acclaimed OPTIMOD-FM 8500, the new peak limiter typically provides 2.5 to 3 dB more power at high frequencies, which minimizes audible HF loss caused by pre-emphasis limiting. Drums and percussion cut through the mix. Highs are airy. “Problem material” that used to cause audible distortion is handled cleanly.
The Orban Processors OPTIMOD-FM/HD 8600 provides stereo enhancement, equalization, AGC, multiband compression, low-IM peak limiting, stereo encoding, and composite limiting – everything that even the most competitive major market station needs to stand out on the dial.
- Orban’s MX limiter technology lowers distortion, improves transient punch, and minimizes preemphasis-induced high frequency loss.
- Exclusive “Multipath Mitigator” phase corrector minimizes stereo subchannel energy without compromising stereo separation.
- HD/digital radio/streaming processing is included at no extra cost.
- Provides a built-in RDS generator with dynamic PS.
- A dedicated low-delay headphone monitor chain lets you dial in controlled amounts of “FM limiter sound” to match talent preferences.
- Versatile remote control by responsive PC Remote application, Telnet-style ASCII terminal commands, and SNMP. Supports Ethernet and serial connections.
- Delivers the inimitable “Optimod Sound,” proven to attract and hold audiences worldwide.